The Absolutely Unbreakable Rules of Service Delivery
Taught by Karl W. Palachuk
- Five Tuesdays - August 11th - September 8th
- All classes start a 9:00 AM Pacific
- Includes the brand new book The Absolutely Unbreakable Rules of Service Delivery in PDF format
This course covers the most important "rules" you need to follow to create a massively successful IT Consulting business. Based on Karl's 20+ years experience running successful businesses - and helping others do the same.
How can you guarantee that your company delivers great service, has a great culture, and still manages to stay profitable? You need to follow certain “Unbreakable Rules” for success. Best-selling business author and coach Karl W. Palachuk draws on more than twenty years of owning and running service-based businesses to present the rules his companies live by.
These rules will help you align your personal and professional goals while creating “standard operating procedures” to automate successful habits. Notice that “The customer is always right” is not on the list. Why? Because everyone knows that’s not true. Customers are frequently wrong, or would make bad decisions if we didn’t help them to make good decisions.
Palachuk doesn’t waste your time giving lip service to worn out platitudes. Instead, this book is focused on building a great, successful business in the 21st Century. And since the rules are absolutely unbreakable, they will stand the test of time and the changing business environment.
In addition to his unbreakable rules, Palachuk gives advice on identifying your own unbreakable rules. Branding, he says, is everything you do in your company: The way you hire, the way you greet customers, the way you document processes, the way you invoice, how you handle difficult conversations, and much more. Your business is a reflection of your beliefs and values. It should be built with intention, not something that “just happened.”
Some of these rules help you make money. Some of them keep your work standards high. Some build culture. All of them help your employees and client to understand the culture that embedded in your brand. This book will help you identify and codify the core elements of your success. It will also help you build the definitive list of absolutely unbreakable rules that will guide your business going forward.
You will learn
• Prioritize Everything
• Do not be interrupt-driven
• Slow down, get more done
• Know what you know
• The competition is irrelevant
• We only work with people we like
Rules for Client Management
• Define your ideal client - and go get them
• Don't have both sides of the conversation
• You’re not responsible for every lost dog that shows up on your doorstep
• We can't care more about the client's business than they do
• Every client is on a service agreement
• Evaluate your pricing once a year
Rules for Managing Employees
• Hire an administrative assistant!
• Have a formal, detailed hiring process
• Hire Slow; Fire Fast
• Culture is built from the top down
• You can't control people, but you can control your processes
Rules for Billing and Finance
• Control billing and cash flow
• Get prepaid for everything you can
• All after-hours labor is billable
• It is not our responsibility to save the client’s money
• You don’t need to pick up every nickel you find
• If a client has a past-due balance, their service is cut off
Rules for Service Tickets
• Track ALL time inside your business
• All work is done on a service ticket
• Every ticket is massaged every time it’s touched
• Every job has a scope
• Document absolute everything
. . . and MORE!
Delivered by Karl W. Palachuk, blogger and author of the very popular "SOP Friday" posts at http://blog.smallbizthoughts.com.
Includes five weeks of webinars with related handouts, assignments, and "office hours" with the instructor. All classes are recorded for download.
This course is intended for business owners and managers. It is particularly useful for the Service Manager or Operations Manager.
A Few Details . . .
- Each course will be five one-hour webinars
- There will be handouts and "homework" assignments
- If you wish to receive feedback on your assignments, there will be instructor office hours
- Class webinars will be recorded and made available to paid attendees only
- All calls start at 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Questions? Email email@example.com
|Unit 1||Week One|
|Unit 2||Week Two|
|Unit 3||Week Three|
|Unit 4||Week Four|
|Unit 5||Week Five|